Thursday, April 18, 2013

Best Performance Ever!!!!!


The American Idol franchise has produced a few really good artists like Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, and Kelly Clarkson. I personally, am not an American Idol watcher but I had to tune in when I heard about an artist named Candice Glover. The performance I witnessed was her own rendition of “Lovesong” originally sang by the group “The Cure” and more recently covered by Adele.

I was blown away, Candice’s performance was effortless, and I felt chills.  She performed that song as though it belonged to her. I immediately wanted to hear the original song and Adele’s version and after listening to both, I conclude that Ms. Glover nailed it by far. I could not help but think of the comparison to Whitney Houston when she covered Dolly Parton’s song “I will always love You” which was originally a country tune but Whitney transformed it into a soulful rendition and it became her signature song as well as made Dolly Parton a great deal of money.I watched her performance of this song at least ten times, and other songs covered by her in this season of American Idol. I foresee her career taking off very soon in the near future. I also confess I will be watching a lot more of A.I.




The Braxton’s Family Value’s star Tamar Braxton sang her new song “ Love and War” on the Wendy Williams Show and I was very impressed. I am a viewer of this reality show, and I had no idea that Tamar could sing like that. I actually watch the show because of Tamar; she is hilarious. I also enjoy watching how truly in love Vince and her seem to be. I am publicly informing the world that I am a “Ta- mar-shin”. Recently she announced that they are expecting their own little "love on top"and I am so happy for them. I am also looking forward to watching their new reality show the Tamar & Vince Show.



References:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7acuT6Sydc4

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=ww#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=images+candice+glover&oq=images+candice+glover&gs_l=hp.12..0i8.9125.10902.2.12842.6.6.0.0.0.0.142.724.0j6.6.0...0.0...1c.1.9.psy-ab.9FNsQUHlVj8&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45373924,d.dmg&fp=5d1bbec4403cdbd6&biw=1330&bih=640


No comments:

Post a Comment